If you are the donator most responsible for getting us started by contributing the funds we need for land acquisition, a floating dock, a boat, an environmentally responsible land use master plan, and permits, we will honor you with the use of your name (or a name of your choosing) when we refer to Burlington Island Lake. Altogether, we estimate these costs to be $1.34 million.
If you help fund a particular amenity or venue that you identify (see list below), with your permission and with gratitude, we will identify you on signage and on our website. If you fund a particular amenity or venue in full, with your permission, we will name that amenity in your name, or a name of your choosing, with credit made to you on our website.
Choose from the list below. If all of the amenities and venues on the list are not funded from donations, we will fund the priority items by borrowing money through the capital markets when either the Burlington-Bristol Bridge Authority, NJ Economic Development Authority, or the NJ Redevelopment Authority sells bonds. However, donations are preferable because they have the effect of reducing our financing costs so that we can lower admission fees and provide more services.
Amenity and Special Venue Funding Opportunities
- Aerial gondola
- Aquarium-Like Chamber
- Dock-lake, Dock or marina – river
- Eco restroom facilities
- Festival Grounds in Honor of Chief Roy Crazy Horse
- Fishing Yurt Lodge
- Fountains: for drinking, for viewing and listening
- Glass blowing studio
- Hiking Trail
- International Water Wheel
- Interpretive signage
- Themed Nature Trails (Accessible Trail, Eagle Nature Trail, Healing Trail, Heritage Trail, Water Exhibition Trail, or Wellness Trail)
- Trail for Veterans and Others Suffering from PTSD
- Water Art
- Water Sculpture(s)
- Welcome Station
- Wood Fired Ceramics Studio
- Your suggestion!
From our Ethics Policy: Our solicitation of funds from the public and from donor institutions will use material that is truthful about us. We respect the privacy concerns of individual donors and we will expend the funds consistent with donor intent. We disclose important and relevant information to potential donors. Our donors will:
- Be informed of the identity of those serving on our governing board.
- Have access to our most recent financial reports.
- Be assured their gifts will be used for purposes for which they are given.
- Receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- Be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- Be approached in a professional manner.
- Be encouraged to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
INFORMATION FILED WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY CONCERNING THIS CHARITABLE SOLICITATION AND THE PERCENTAGE OF CONTRIBUTIONS RECEIVED BY THE CHARITY DURING THE LAST REPORTING PERIOD THAT WERE DEDICATED TO THE CHARITABLE PURPOSE MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY BY CALLING (973) 504-6215 AND IS AVAILABLE ON THE INTERNET AT: www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/charities/Pages/charities-registration-information.aspx.
REGISTRATION WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT.